Saturday, May 15, 2010

Awesome Radar Data from Tulsa Area Storms of May 13th

This is what you call a teaser....

I've spent some time this afternoon looking at the radar imagery from the Tulsa area wind/tornado event of the early morning hours of the 13th.  All I can say is pretty neat stuff.  The grill is calling me now, so I won't be able to post anything in detail this evening.  Look for an update tomorrow....

I'll post a couple of images below just to wet your appetite.  Take a look and see what you can see.  I'll share my thoughts, along with some additional images and ground-truth storm report mapping, tomorrow....

0958Z (4:58 a.m. CDT) Storm Relative Velocity Image from the Tulsa (INX) Radar
5-13-10


0958Z (4:58 a.m. CDT) Base Reflectivity Image from the Tulsa (INX) Radar
5-13-10


No comments: