Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cosmetic Changes to the Blog; New 'Links' Pane...

Doing a little housekeeping on the blog this morning, while trying to respond to the requests of several long time readers at the same time...




First, I've shortened the "Most Recent Posts" pane on the right hand side of the page to the "10 Most Recent Posts" (to see older posts, scroll all the way down the page to the "Blog Archive" section).


Second, I've shortened the "Most Viewed" posts panes to 5 posts each (last 30 days and all time record).




The above actions were taken based on several recent comments that the panes on the right hand side of the page were taking too long to load at times.  Hopefully the above steps will remedy that.  If not, I'd have to guess that you have a system and/or internet issue that you may want to look into.  I've tested the load time on a desktop, laptop, iPad and iPhone and it is now loading super fast...


Also, I've added a "Frequently Referenced Posts" pane and a "Frequently Referenced Links" pane right between the "Top 5 Posts of All Time" and "Twitter Updates" panes.  Be sure to check these new panes from time to time as I will be continually adding additional links that I receive the most questions and/or feedback on, etc.  Some of the links are more technical, and I plan to make a post or two explaining how you may be able to use them in the coming days and weeks...



Finally, to my regular International readers, I haven't forgotten you!  Many have requested a translator widget (for those that don't have a translator option on their web browser).  I am currently evaluating 3 different widgets offline to determine which one seems to work the best before implementing it on the blog.  Watch for this to come probably by the end of the weekend!

As always, a big Thank You! to those who read the blog.  I welcome your feedback and suggestions.  I obviously can't honor every request that comes in.  With that said, if a suggestion comes forward that seems to result in an improvement of the utility of the blog, I'll do my very best to implement it as time allows...


If you enjoy reading 'The Original Weather Blog', please be sure to "like" our facebook page!

No comments: