Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Great Tornado Hunt 2011


I've been invited to ride along with Radio Shack & The Weather Channel for the final days of "The Great Tornado Hunt 2011" this coming week!  We'll be out from Tuesday through Friday - or at least that's the plan right now.

I'll be live blogging (and tweeting) from the field, and we're also going to try and set-up a live video stream as well.  My twitter handle is "svrwxtweets" if you're not already following me.

I'm excited about this, and hope to share some awesome video and/or pictures with you next week!

8 comments:

Shamrock said...

YAY ROB!!! Go get 'em!

The Planet Pink said...

Wow! That is AMAZING! Congratulations! And uh, don't take it personally, but please don't come to my neck of the woods. Haha.

Shamrock said...

I agree with Planet Pink-I am so excited for you-just don't come here :)

Wendell Malone said...

Thats quite the honor...congrats and good luck with the adventure.

Anthill_Goddess said...

Yay! Congratulations! Hope you're not going to be in my area, though!

Rob White said...

Thanks guys! Looks like it's going to be a High Plains trip for sure, which is what you'd expect this time of year (Nebraska, Dakotas, and adjacent areas). Stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for Western Nebraska. I was very excited when I saw that your "Tornado Hunt" team stopped in Chappell, but unfortunately when the town's name was shown on the television screen it was spelled wrong. On the TV, it was spelled "Chapelle"; it should have been written as "Chappell".

Thanks for stopping and have a great day chasing the tornadoes.

--Jamie C.

Rob White said...

Jamie,

Thanks for the comment. Sorry they m misspelled it, thats one of the hazards of doing things "on the fly" on a storm chase, I guess.

I'm actually not going to be part of the group until tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow is likely to be a day full of driving to get where we need to be, then the action for us will probably start on Wednesday...

Stay safe!